This Hawaiian Pork Recipe is simply delicious! Try it today.. Ideally its best to use fresh ripe pineapple. But, you may also use ready pineapple chunks in cans. Happy cooking!
Hawaiian Pork Recipe
- ½ kilogram pork meat, chopped or cubed
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (fresh & ripe pineapple preferrably)
- 1 pc small red & green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1-2 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 10 pcs Snowpeas (chicharo)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tie in knot (tanglad)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small thumb of ginger, mince or grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemongrass, julienned (for garnish)
- 1/2 pineapple bowl, for presentation (optional)
- Preparation: Drizzle the pork with fish sauce all over and soak in pineapple juice. (Remember marinating the pork makes it tender when cooked). Cover bowl and let it marinade for an hour in the fridge. After an hour, separate the pork from the marinade juice and reserve marinade for later.
- In a large wok, heat an oil over medium-high heat. Sauté ginger, onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the pork and saute until browned. Then add the leftover marinade. Let it simmer and then add the coconut milk and lemongrass. Let it simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir it once in a while simmering.
- Then add the pineapple chunks, bell pepper and snow peas. Keep stirring and let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer into a serving bowl or fresh pineapple bowl (scrape meat) and garnish with extra julienned lemongrass. Serve and enjoy!