Super healthy and so yummy avocado and some veggies! The ingredients are simple and very easy. Must try, its a good and delicious appetizer for the whole family.
Crispy Avocado Spring Rolls
- For the Spring Rolls
- 10 spring roll wrappers (or Lumpia/Spring Rolls)
- 4 medium avocados, seed removed & peeled
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (or 5 sprigs green onions, diced)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh wansoy/ cilantro herbs (substitute with Basil or Parsley)
- 1 Tablespoon Calamansi/or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For the Filling Mash the avocados flesh until chunky. Add onions, tomato, carrots, cilantro, garlic powder, lime juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine evenly (don’t over-mix to stay chunky) Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Using spring roll wrappers, place about 2 Tablespoons of the filling to each wrapper. Fold the sides and roll the wrapper around the filling.
- Brush the edge of the wrapper with water to seal the end. Repeat the same process for the remaining wrappers.
- Cooking Notes: To produce a crispy roll, let the wrapped lumpia air dry for a few minutes. A moist lumpia wrapper will produce a soggy lumpia. A more dried surface of lumpia wrapper is better when fried compared to a moist one.
- Fill a wok with about an inch of vegetable oil and heat oil to about 180°C
- Start frying the spring rolls one by one at a time. Do not overcrowd the wok.
- Fry each side of spring rolls for about 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove and transfer on a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with Cilantro Parmesan sauce (recipe below) or any Mayonnaise + sour cream dipping sauce.
Cilantro Parmesan Dip (Optional):
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lime (or zest of calamansi)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (or calamansi juice)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
*Combine all ingredients til smooth