Budget Friendly and healthy desserts for the family. Try this easy to make sweet potatoes in butter and honey. Other than this flavor you may also try these combos:
- Sour cream, chives, salt and pepper
- Maple Syrup, butter and crushed nuts like Pecans
- Blue cheese, crushed walnuts and honey
Kamote with Honey and Butter (Sweet Potatoes)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 3 tablespoon of honey (or sugar syrup/pancake syrup etc.)
- Lightly wash your sweet potatoes in running water and peel. Sliced and diced into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat on a stove, add in cooking oil and heat until very hot.
- Add in diced sweet potatoes and sauté until tender but not mushy for about 10 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in butter to melt and honey. Toss and shake the pan to equally cover all the diced potatoes.
- Add more honey as you like
- If using salted margarine, no need to add salt.