This wedge salad is so simple to make and yet it’s super yummy. In fact it can go with any kind of cheese (if blue cheese is out of hand). You can also prepare it on a board so your family can arrange the salad on their plate the way they want it. Enjoy!
Grilled Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce – quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (any small tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper,to taste
- 2-3 strips of fried crisp bacon, minced
- 50g blue cheese*, crumbled (Emborg Danablu) (or parmesan cheese)
- ½ cup toasted bread, diced
- For the dressing:
- 50 g (½ pack) blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (I used Kewpie mayo)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, (just a little)
- You may substitute with Parmesan or any of your favorite cheese (grated)
- You may use any salad dressing you like!
- Set the grill to medium-high temperature. A gas stove with grill/rack is ok to use as well.
- Prepare the Lettuce: Using a knife, slice away the bottom (hard part), remove the majority of the core from the iceberg wedges while leaving the base intact.
- Apply some olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Grill the lettuce for 3 minutes with the chopped side down, pressing with tongs to ensure a good sear. Grill for two more minutes after flipping. Transfer to serving bowls once cooked and done.
- Prepare the Dressing: Whip the yogurt, blue cheese, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and water to the desired consistency.
- Serve the salads by adding each grilled wedge with tomatoes, parsley, chopped bacon, diced toasted bread and blue cheese on top. Drizzle with salad dressing. Serve warm and enjoy!