You only need to Medium Potatoes to make this delicious side dish that is good for 2-3 persons. So yummy, easy to make and so smooth..its melting in my mouth!
I made a video for this mashed potato (but please forgive me, I’m not an expert in video making).
Cheesy Mashed Potato (Quick and Easy)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon margarine/butter
- ½ cup milk (any liquid or evaporated milk)
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- salt, to taste. (I used truffle salt)
- ½ cup grated cheese (any processed cheese)
- For Boiling: Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes. For the Air-fryer*: I baked it for 30-40 minutes at 200°C.
- Slice and peel the potatoes, and chop in small pieces.
- In a pot, add the chopped potatoes, margarine and milk. Mashed it with a fork, just to remove the big chunks.
- Then start heating the pot, simmer and mix it well until all the potatoes are thickened and soft. I’m using a non-stick small pot, so I just leave it and cover for 3-5 minutes (I’m not worried, it won’t stick to the bottom anyway).
- Once done, here’s an easy trick to make a smooth mashed potato. Transfer the potatoes into a bowl with a strainer on top and pass it through the strainer. Push it down using a spoon. (Don’t forget to scrape the underneath of the strainer for leftover potatoes).
- Then add the grated cheese, adjust salt only if needed. Serve it with grated cheese on top. Enjoy!