I didn’t know what to name this Chicken, but it is so delicious and very tasty. So if you love tasty chicken wings, these wings are really savory and the unique part is the use of cornmeal instead of using flour.
My kitchen smelled so fragrant while baking these chicken wings because of all the ingredients used. Not to mention, the black truffle oil and black truffle salt. But please don’t feel obligated to use these ingredients. Of course you may always substitute any same ingredients.
Do take note though, the use of black truffle salt, garlic salt or lemon salt are simply the best in making good food. Just think of this salt as a substitute for msg. Kinda hefty but it is no doubt a game changer to any recipe you’re going to cook.. a secret ingredient.
Black Truffle Crispy Chicken Wings
- 4 pcs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon cajun powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Shrimp broth cube, minced
- Black truffle salt or any salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Yellow Cornmeal/flour (polenta)
- olive oil, for brushing (i used black truffle oil spray)
- In a plastic container with a cover (I used recycled ice cream container), rub the chicken wings with the powder marinade. Let stand in the marinade for 30 minutes or longer.
- Once done, add about 3 tablespoons of cornmeal/flour, cover and shake the container well.
- Take out the chicken and arrange on the tray.
- Brush or spray the chicken with some oil on top so it will have a golden brown texture when cooked. (I used truffle oil spray, so please excuse my oil because it’s just sitting in my pantry, you can use any oil available).
- Bake at 200°C for 12 minutes on each side. Flip it after 12 minutes to evenly cook both sides. Rearrange the position to even out the cooking of the wings until it becomes golden brown. Happy cooking!
In the video, you can see, there was one piece of chicken wings which I returned, because it was a bit pale compared to others. It was sitting in the lower corner of my tray so it didn’t get enough toasting. I had to re-cook it for an additional 5 minutes in the center of the oven to get a perfect golden brown.