Let’s make it quick simple, yet so delicious! Rule of thumb when cooking corn.. the best partner ingredients that goes with corn are butter and cheese. Best combination ever! Its cheesy and buttery..they are so yummy!
Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 can corn kernels (in can or precooked boiled corn on the cob for 10-15 minutes)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 1 pc white onion, minced
- 2 pcs medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup fried bacon bits (leftover/optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For Roux: (Soup thickener)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter. Stir in potatoes and cook until softened. Add corn kernels. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Pour in broth and milk, stir and let simmer. Mix in bacon bits. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Make soup thickener: Melt butter over low heat and mix in flour until lumpy and flour is cooked. Cool down. Add this mixture to the soup and cook until the soup thickens.
- Add some grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and serve hot with toasted buttered bread. Enjoy!