What Exactly are Overnight oats?
Overnight oats are simply oats that have been allowed to soak over night rather than being prepared in the morning, making them ideal for a speedy, satisfying, and nutrient-rich breakfast. Very ideal for people on the go, you just have to grab it in the fridge and dig in.
Are Overnight Oats Healthy?
Because they include a high amount of protein and fiber, overnight oats provide a number of health advantages. A variety of vitamins and minerals are also present in them, some of which include manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc. Because of this, overnight oats are good for your intestines and for your general health and wellbeing.
You may use ingredients like Almond milk, protein powders, chocolate powder, chia seeds and top it with your favorite fresh fruits upon serving. Now who says its not healthy? Enjoy and have fun recreating your favorite Overnight Oats!
Overnight Oats Recipe
- ⅔ cups quick cook oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon honey (or condensed milk/any sugar syrup)
- ¼ cup fresh milk (any liquid milk or low fat milk)
- 100g plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Mango, diced
- Prepare a container/mason jar with cover about 16oz. (preferably airtight jars, containers with tight lid). Add oats, chia seeds, milk and honey to taste. Mix it well.
- Add yogurt in the cup as a second layer. Cover it tightly and let it chill in the fridge. Soak it for 2 hours or overnight
- The soaking process will allow the oats to absorb the milk to soften them enough (to eat uncooked).
- It is advised to let the oats soak and rest in the fridge 40° F or colder for 2 hours or longer. However, it’s ideal to soak it overnight. That is why it’s called overnight oats.
- Serve it the next day with fresh sweet mango cubes(any fruit you love) on top. Enjoy!
Shelf Life: Best to eat within 24 hours
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Want more breakfast recipe and ideas? Click the category tags under the Title of Recipe on top of this page to bring you to recipes with same tags.