No need to deep fry in oil..why not use your Air-Fryer. You can make this in advance and make Crispy Pork Sinigang, Tokwa and Baboy Crispy Pork Belly with Chili-Soy-Mansi, Crispy Lechon Pancit Bihon, Crispy Lechon Binagoongan, Crispy Lechon Pancit Malabon…Wow.. there are so many menu where you can add this Air-Fried Lechon!
Preparation: 8 hrs/overnight, Cooking Time: 3 hrs, Total time 11 hrs
Lechon Kawali in Air-Fryer
- 1 ½ kg Pork belly, slice to fit your Air Fryer
- 6 cups Water, or more to cover pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rock salt
- 1 tsp Whole black peppercorns
- 1 pc Laurel leaf (you can add other dried herbs if you have in your pantry, I add basil and thymes)
- Cooking oil, brush the pork and skin
- Rock Salt, to cover pork skin
- In a large pot, add water, onion, salt, black peppercorns and laurel leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place the pork belly, in the boiling water. Cover the pot and lower the heat when the stock begins to boil once more. Slowly simmer for 2 hours. Drain the cooked pork belly (you may reserve the broth for another recipe).
- Let the pork belly chunks cool down. Dry the skin with paper towels. Leave the pork in the refrigerator, uncovered overnight. This is to dry up the skin thoroughly, so it becomes crispier when baked the next day.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200°C, for about 2-3 minutes. The pork should be placed on the rack with the skin side facing up. Brush it with cooking oil and also the skin. Cover the top skin with rock salt. Bake for an hour until skin crackles becomes golden brown.
- Brush off the salt and allow the lechon to rest for five minutes before chopping. Serve and enjoy with green mango salsa.
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 2 pcs calamansi, juiced
- ¼ cup bagoong isda
- 50g Cilantro/Wansoy leaves, leaves only (chopped)
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well. Put plastic wrap over the bowl. Keep chilled until you’re ready to serve.