Aside from boiled chicken breast fillet, you may also used leftover roasted chicken and shred the chicken meat. That sounds better right.. But on a normal day, this is another simple Filipino Chicken Arroz Caldo you can always make. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Want a yellowish Arroz Caldo? Just add 1 tbsp turmeric powder as you boil the rice with broth.
Filipino Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe
- ½ kg Chicken breast fillet, pre-boiled and shredded
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 tbsp Kasubha
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup Ordinary Rice grains
- 1 cup Malagkit rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- spring onions, minced for garnish
- Patis, Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted Garlic chips, garnish
- Boiled egg
- In a large nonstick soup pot over medium heat.
- Sauté ginger, garlic in oil until lightly brown. Add onion and onion, stir for a minute.
- Add shredded chicken and kasubha. Let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken stock and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer in medium low heat for about 30 minutes or until the consistency of a light creamed soup has been reached.
- Stir occasionally while cooking. Correct seasonings to taste. Stir in a small amount of minced spring onions.
- If rice soup becomes too thick, add a little water to thin it a bit.
- Garnish individual bowl servings with minced spring onions, extra kasubha and toasted garlic chips, sliced boiled egg before serving.