Do you want a simple and healthy breakfast? Try this easy delicious Fritata with Spinach and Feta Cheese. Don’t like Feta? You can substitute with Cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese..or any cheese you prefer actually.
Cooking Notes: If using an Air-fryer (preheated), bake for 180°C for 18-20 mins (6″ baking pan). Please note each oven may vary so please check from time to time.
Spinach and Feta Frittata
- 10 eggs
- 150 g baby or English spinach
- 1 small red onion
- 60g feta cheese (substitute with goat cheese, cottage cheese, or ricotta cheese)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- Spring onions, garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and spray a cast iron skillet/oven dish with olive oil, making sure to spray the sides and edges.
- Prepare vegetables by slicing the onion into small pieces and roughly chop the spinach.
- Crack all the eggs into a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble in ¾ of the feta cheese and add it in the eggs.
- Over medium heat, sauté the onion in a pan with olive oil. Once translucent, add the spinach and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add to the bowl of eggs. With a spoon, mix together very quickly so the eggs don’t scramble and start to cook.
- Pour mixture into the greased oven dish/or cast iron pan ensuring its level and evenly spread.
- Top it with the remaining crumbled feta cheese and some chopped spring onions. Then place it in the oven to cook for 22-25 minutes.
- Make sure it is cooked all the way, by doing a toothpick test. It’s done if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool down and set for at least 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions on top. Serve hot for breakfast and enjoy!