Skip to content
This Chocolate Cake is covered with chocolate and filled with caramel frosting with chopped roasted pecan nuts on top. It’s super moist and decadent. A dessert you’ll always crave for. Happy baking!
Chocolate Caramel Cake
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- ⅞ cup caster sugar (175g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tsps. instant coffee
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- For the Frosting:
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- chopped pecans nuts, (garnish)
- Prepare (2) 9-inch pans and line it with waxed paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and alternating the eggs. Starting and end with the sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift the dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt
- Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the batter mixture, alternating the water.
- Transfer the batter mixture into the prepared (2) 9″ pans.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-28 minutes. Then let it cool and slice each cake in half.
- Alternately spread the frosting on each layer. On the first layer, spread the filling of instant coffee and egg yolk.
- Then on the other layer, spread the remaining filling with cocoa. Repeat the process until all the layers are filled. Place one layer on top of the other layer.
- Frost the Cake: Use a spatula and spread the frosting all over the cake. Garnish with chopped roasted pecan nuts.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Make the Filling:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar with the flour. Add water gradually to dissolve the flour followed by the milk.
- Blend well and cook it over flame until thickened. Add the butter and turn off heat. Divide this mixture into two portions.
- For the First portion, add 1½ teaspoons of instant coffee and 1 egg yolk. Set aside.
- For the Second portion: add ⅓ cup cocoa. Set aside.
Make the Frosting:
- Heat the casserole. Turn off heat.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Once all the butter is melted, add the cocoa followed by the sugar. Mix it well. Then return this mixture to the heat.
- Gradually pour in the evaporated milk and let it cook until thick but spreadable consistency.
- Turn off heat once you achieve the perfect spreading consistency.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: