This is how the well-known garden salad is presented in Filipino culture. The Filipinos make their salad with the addition of fish sauce, it gives it a distinct Southeast Asian flavor. You may eat this dish as a beginning or with any meat or pasta dish because it is so simple to make.
Filipino Style Green Salad
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced white onion
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- For Dressing:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Tear the lettuce leaves into medium-sized pieces using your hands.
- Slice tomatoes in thin slices.
- Give a brisk toss of the vegetables after adding them all to a big salad bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing’s components thoroughly to ensure that the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- To make this simple, combine the dressing’s components in a tiny bottle. Put the cap on firmly and shake vigorously.
- Just before serving, drizzle the salad with the dressing and toss to combine.
Cooking Notes: You may cut down on preparation time by creating the dressing ahead of time and storing it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.