If you have left over lechon kawali or crispy pork liempo. Try this quick and easy healthy vegetable recipe. No doubt ampalaya can help you lower your sugar level. I ate a lot of these when I had GSD in the past, it helped me. Happy cooking!
Ampalaya con Lechon Recipe
- 1 cup pre-cooked crispy lechon kawali (or crispy fried liempo/leftover)
- 1 bitter gourd ampalaya; cleaned and sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small thumb ginger julienned
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the sliced bitter gourd and stir fry for 5 to 8 minutes. Add in soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add in the crispy lechon kawali. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
- Share and enjoy!