Easy Pinakbet Recipe
- 1/4 kilo pork liempo, chopped (cut into very small pieces)
- 1/4 kilo shrimp, cleaned
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium size Ampalaya (bitter melon or karela) sliced in wedges
- 2 medium size eggplants, wedged
- 1 small size kalabasa (squash), wedged
- 6-10 pieces okra (halved)
- small bundle of sitaw, sliced in 2 inches
- 2 pieces tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 small onions (diced)
- 4 tablespoons bagoong alamang
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a pan, fry pork until lightly crispy, set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in the pork fat and mix in pork and shrimp
- Put the bagoong in a bowl and the the 1 ½ hot water, stir in. add in the pan.
- Add all the vegetables and bring it to a boil and let it simmer until cooked through.
- When it is nearly done, add in the shrimp and let it cook quickly for about a minute or two only. Don’t over cook the shrimp.
- Season with ground pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!
Notes: Garnish it with lots of toasted garlic on top. So yummy!